[Freeswitch-users] Bridge question

mario_fs mario_fs at mgtech.com
Wed Apr 24 15:39:59 UTC 2019

I do exactly that and more. First, see this page for what the caller hears: https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS <https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS>

I replace the early media ringing with custom prerecorded messages that includes the caller name.

The I bridge with the parts below built from a LUA program. The called cell phone displays the callerid of the original caller (that took a year to figure out).

What you are after is "sip_h_In-Reply-To=${sip_call_id}”. But… keep two things in mind: First. Your ITSP must support it, in my case I use Callcentric and you MUST inform them you are doing this so they can turn it on for your account. Second, the biggie: with stir/shaken (https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication <https://www.fcc.gov/call-authentication>) coming up I don’t think this will be possible anymore. See my comment below.

{originate_timeout=48,alert_info=<http://127.0.0.1>;info=Family}${group_call(deskphone@${domain_name}+A)},${group_call(iPads@${domain_name}+A)},${group_call(iPhones@${domain_name}+A)},[leg_delay_start=24,leg_timeout=24,sip_h_In-Reply-To=${sip_call_id}]sofia/gateway/${dial_gateway}/12121234567,[leg_delay_start=24,leg_timeout=24,sip_h_In-Reply-To=${sip_call_id}]sofia/gateway/${dial_gateway}/12127654321

More than you asked about but important to note:
Because of problems below (there are more) bridging to a cell phone, I am trying something different and if it works will put it in the wiki. Instead of bridging the call I want to make the cell phone a simple Freeswitch extension. That resolves all the problems including passing callerID. This is done using VPN and a SIP app, in this case Bria for iPhone which uses Apple Notifications to trigger the app when a call comes on. Only problem is… VPN on demand does not work with Bria because it uses sockets instead of the recommended Apple API. So I have been trying to convince Counterpath to add one DNS lookup to trigger VPN On Demand. This solution would be 1000 percent better than bridging.

Problems with this method:
Due to the T-Mobile (ATT and Verizon same) 30 second ring limit before voicemail, we cannot ring our iPhones at the same time as the local phones, so people have to wait a very long time before the cell rings.
When the iPhones do ring, we may miss a call simply because we cannot get the iPhone out in 20-30 seconds.
If the cellular network has a quirk, the iPhone will not connect for a long time, then a voicemail is taken by the iPhone VM( which we never look at) instead of Freeswitch, so the voicemail is essentially lost.