[Freeswitch-users] dial extension after call is setup

Joli Martinez mrjoli021 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 21:07:01 UTC 2019

I need to dial an extension within an IVR.  So my freeswitch application
will
test PBX extensions.  The application will dial an IVR (Could be running any
PBX vendor), when the PBX picks up it will dial an extension and run several
tests including testing two way audio, DTMF and other tests.  I got my test
scenarios working with a normal numbers, but now I need to extend it to dial
extensions within an IVR.  Most of this is written in Lua

I have two problems with this setup.
1.  How can I dial an extension after the call is setup.  Tried the
"send_dtmf" but it didnt work or maybe I just dont know how to use it.  I
have done "send_dtmf <extension>" and nothing happens.  What would be the
best way to dial an extension after the call has been answered?

2.  Once I get this part working.  How can I wait for the extension to
answer before starting to execute my test script.  I was thinking of doing
"wait_for_silence 200 15 10 5000" then execute the rest of my script.  What
do you think?  Is there a better way?