[Freeswitch-users] RTP problems when using "soft" timer

Antonio Modesto modesto916 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 15:06:28 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I have had some problems lately with poor call quality when using FXO
channels (mod_khomp) talking to sip phones. Using wireshark I noticed that
the RTP stream sent from FS to my SIP device had some packets with wrong
timestamps. After changing the rtp timer from soft to posix, the problem
was solved. Do you guys know if there is any side effect in using the posix
timer?

*I am running FS 1.6.20 on a XenServer VM with Debian (Kernel 3.16.0). I
can't upgrade to FS 1.8 because Khomp still does not support it.

--
Antônio Modesto