[Freeswitch-users] Transfer fails (does nothing) when receiving REFER message with no user in the Refer-To: URI

Ben Kaufman ben.kaufman at altigen.com
Wed Sep 12 19:08:32 UTC 2018

It's possibly the orgid.  There's also a Referred-By: header that contains a large amount of encoded (or encrypted?  It's not base 64)  data:

REFERRED-BY: <sip:sip.pstnhub.microsoft.com:5061;x-m=8:orgid:f4a7fd03-1c14-454b-b910-2e20b20b2ab7;x-t=a3217d98-07a6-45fc-8c9c-ce427f5ed8ac;x-a=qfNyIy1nfSvIYN63RNEJ1hXKpiLor84ceFqs6iAWusN3wcw5S5tDDiugmb%2b9hOLxcObLtp6oAUPkCDqTCPAGfQtCqvbDlTpTSG7YZHZCSuhvMUB%2fwYVDmbkR1COvm72MtszpjCwwBwkNFxRtJB0hsdiprRrQbvZylULQpIcLQKCxPO8U6Rah7XKM1B8hnJGC66ok3gh9yy0J0q3vCKVwC6w7yhz5PxUVswSkhjqvnXq1MRlF4hTfCIP%2f%2bz34EOQwEowWwXJftnYQkSd1K3tjT5i9VdmiZLg%2bgP0znqk%2fQadRE6QdwuABe9oSALATtl808KuviwbZG7fftIeUi4xsrVkO%2bNfwUseeK9YZ8mxUFd2oStRaGVo4ualIZztAti5rEc179dPnw6vpdZbyZMBGmYOjYB%2bN4AbzQsgXGiTMl%2b5Ujqjozeb0L2%2bx7VAoDdkfa%2buGhkFlLi%2buu3r0gEZo7vdxa44FJYyZFrRRGES1PFgkIB0egbG6HBewkI0ucggNKBlzC4r4fjD8IZVE%2bmovyD95sAehns%2bEuhXsBFek8JXI2vnVlYIYyCLNdcFTq9jyUomMze7%2bNK86UX6W6a75x20srK1f0qERu0VN2%2bVVV4P2CQuXWiyIve%2b82CEzN9T4oO8m0ZgIB3s%2fIK%2boZRDTVWZD1FJ6AdBIS8S7qi1kTmVZds45Sh97vzKHnhETYxe3XMRn78SOP9oYJgyfr814CfTC0EwQzZ8jdjVa0HsXIDu6OsT7fOAwtbdTDovntt9J>

I have a Sonus box that does handle the REFER in a manner where the INVITE to establish with this header, as well as the aforementioned x-m-8:orgid:.... parameter in the rURI, but I think carrying things over like that could be done in the dialplan (I think).  At this point, it doesn't enter the dialplan.

Ben Kaufman
ben.kaufman at altigen.com
Cloud Operations Manager
AltiGen Communications, Inc.