[Freeswitch-users] Phone spontaneously going into Hold when a call is established?

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Fri Sep 7 18:27:27 UTC 2018

Please note that I tracked the change in behavior to a commit related to changing SDP for video which clearly has some
secondary side effects at least on this situation. See subsequent emails and FS-11385.

The problem is the timing - all I know is that it's ringing, then the moment I hear audio (in my test case, when I call
a number with an answering machine and it picks up) - it goes to hold and never comes of unless I toggle hold on the
phone I'm calling from -- and note that it requires me to push hold key _twice_. While it starts, phone shows "Held" but
I'm still hearing audio. If I then push Hold, it really goes on hold. Pushing it again, and the audio is back to normal.

Is the "being answered sendonly" something that is typical? I've still got open communication with our provider, so can
easily point out more if it's doing something unusual.

Would it help to get a combined sip trace showing both legs in one timeline?

-- Nathan