[Freeswitch-users] Incorrect example for 'originate' with socket and async full

. joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:30:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

I wanted to report an error/typo in the confluence wiki related to
'originate', and its use together with the socket application.

Apologies, I don't have access to the wiki, but thought this was worth
passing on, so here it is:

   -
   https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_commands#mod_commands-originate

The wiki example for ring_ready also includes the socket application and is
written as:

   -

   originate {return_ring_ready=true}sofia/gateway/someprovider/919246461929
&socket(127.0.0.1:8082 async full)

however this hangs forever if used as written. Eventually, after several
hours of hair tearing and googling, I stumbled on this thread:

   -
   https://freeswitch.org/jira/si/jira.issueviews:issue-html/FS-3591/FS-3591.html

Indeed this is the problem.  The correct syntax for the socket component is:

   -

   &socket('127.0.0.1:8082 async full')

   - Specifically single quotes around the command so that it is treated as
      a single string.

After making this change there is no more hanging on the outbound calls and
all events come through in a timely fashion.

Cheers,
Joe