[Freeswitch-users] NAT Problem with UPNP only for RTP - SIP tcp keept open

Kevin Olbrich ko at sv01.de
Tue Nov 20 22:36:34 UTC 2018

Sounds like your gateway does SIP ALG which in my experience breaks SIP in
99 percent of all communication (because it fixes where nothing is broken).
Had such problems when I specified a STUN server for clients - NAT
traversal should be left to the server alone. It's perfectly fine to use
private IPs in SIP/SDN and let RPORT handle it all.

Kevin