[Freeswitch-users] dialplan xml pre-process include other xml

Allen Underdown allen at praecom.com
Fri Nov 16 19:40:12 UTC 2018

I'm having a problem understanding the steps  and/or proper formatting of including a xml file inside a "host" xml  file within the dial plan.

I have limited access to the dial plan, so need to insert a call to a file in a different directory for a customized extension.

Example - in /dialplan/somedialplan.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<document type="freeswitch/xml">
  <section name="dialplan" description="Dialplan">
   <context name="default">
    <extension name="nowhere">
    <blah>
    </extension>
   </context>
 </section>
</document>

I want to add:
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="/custom-dir/custom_dial.xml"/> so that every time somedialplan.xml is
read, custom_dial.xml is included.

I've tried adding it after the section name, and after the context, but it's never parsed (according to watching fs_cli).

So I can't seem to figure out where to put it and have it parsed. I'm also a bit confused on exactly the XML required
in custom_dial.xml. Do I need to specify the context that I want the extension executed in?

In custom_dial.xml I've tried using with and without the <include> tags. I've scoured freeswitch.org but can't seem to
find the documentation in a way that I can figure this out.

Thanks!

Allen Underdown

'Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.' --- Robert Heinlein