[Freeswitch-users] Setting hold_music variable

Peter Baines (lists) lists at pbaines.com
Fri Mar 30 12:18:48 UTC 2018

 Hello,

I am trying to set hold music per channel but cannot override the default
that is set in vars.xml.

I am setting the default hold_music variable in vars.xml, then in a
dialplan I am overriding like so:

  <extension name="prefs_2007" continue="true">
    <condition field="${sip_to_uri}" expression="2007 at pbaines.com">
      <action application="log" data="WARNING I have matched preferences
for user [2007 at pbaines.com]"/>
      <action application="set" data="hold_music=/var/lib/mymusic.wav"/>
      <action application="export" data="hold_music=/var/lib/mymusic.wav"/>
      <action application="bridge_export" data="hold_music=/var/lib/
mymusic.wav"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

I can see it hitting the logline in fs_cli, I am them putting it on hold
like so:

<extension name="soft_hold">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^soft_hold$">
          <action application="log" data="WARNING putting on hold with
${hold_music}" />
          <action application="set" data="hold_music=${hold_music}" />
          <action application="export" data="hold_music=${hold_music}" />
          <action application="soft_hold" data="4"/>
  </condition>
</extension>

The music from vars.xml is played, even though the log line above tells me
that ${hold_music} is set to my custom wav.

I have also tried the following which also plays the default music on hold:

<action application="soft_hold" data="4 silence ${hold_music}"/>

Should I be able to overwrite the hold_music variable ?

Regards,
Peter