[Freeswitch-users] postgres db contains non existent channels

Roman Dissauer roman at dissauer.net
Thu Mar 29 18:14:18 UTC 2018

Hi,

we have about 800 connected users, 150 simultaneous calls and some user agents send sip messages with non UTF-8 characters.
When FreeSWITCH tries to alter the channel information in the postgres db it throughs an error:

2018-03-29 15:47:46.794346 [ERR] switch_pgsql.c:656 Error executing query:
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xf6 0x63 0x68 0x6c

The Problem now is that we see some calls in the database which do not exist anymore (uuid_exists returns false). This are other calls, not the one which cause the error above!
It seems that everytime the error happens, Freeswitch cannot delete other channels from db when the bye is arriving +/- 100ms near the error.

We tried to set client_encoding in the postgres connection string to some options e.g. LATIN1 but that didn’t solve our problem. Whichever client_encoding we used, we always had some user agents with some unknown characters.

How should we deal with that?

Thanks,
Roman

RDI SOLUTIONS e.U.