[Freeswitch-users] List update... gmail addresses with plus signs are banned.

Brian West brian at freeswitch.com
Thu Mar 29 17:48:10 UTC 2018

If you have subscribed via a gmail.com address to the mailing list in the
format of user+tag at gmail.com, You're ok, but I had to block all gmail
addresses that contain a plus sign, it was being abused, 1000's of emails
were being added and used to target specific gmail users so their email
would stop working because we were flooding them with subscribe
confirmation emails.  It was a total of three target addresses coming from
1000's of different IP addresses.

This was also adding to our bounce issue with google.

Thanks,

--

Brian West | Co-founder and Developer

Need Commercial support? email sales at freeswitch.com

FreeSWITCH Solutions | 17345 Civic Drive #2531 Brookfield, WI 53045
<https://maps.google.com/?q=17345+Civic+Drive+%232531+Brookfield,+WI+53045&entry=gmail&source=g>

Email: brian at freeswitch.com

Mobile: 918-424-9378

Website: https://www.FreeSWITCH.com <https://www.freeswitch.com/>