[Freeswitch-users] Change caller ID

Mario mario_fs at mgtech.com
Tue Mar 20 16:51:48 UTC 2018

Not sure I am clear on what you want, but this may help: I dynamically change the caller ID for outgoing calls, a LUA sample is below. But…. Here is the big one: your ITSP MUST support and allow this. My ITSP requires me to verify my numbers since this can be misused (spoofing is illegal). I use this to forward calls to my cell phones using the inbound caller ID to FreeSwitch so we know who is calling on the cell phone, rather than seeing the FreeSwitch line number.

      session:setVariable("effective_caller_id_name",call_name)