[Freeswitch-users] DTMF negotiation

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 1 15:39:49 UTC 2018

Alex,
Thanks for the help.
With <param name="dtmf-type" value="none"/> in sofia profile, the offer from FreeSwitch does not add telephone event support.

With <action application="set" data="execute_on_media=start_dtmf_generate"/>, FreeSwitch always sends DTMF inband even the offer from FreeSwitch and answer both supports telephone event.
What I want is DTMF negotiation as below,
FreeSwitch always adds telephone event support in offer,
1. If answer supports telephone event, then FreeSwitch sends DTMF in rfc2833.2. If answer does not support telephone event, then FreeSwitch sends DTMF inband.
Is it possible?
Thanks again.
/Kaiduan