[Freeswitch-users] Fax Transmit Rate - force to 9600?

Andrew asims1979 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 07:26:29 UTC 2018

Thanks Michael, that's what we observed with t38 too, however here's a t38 curve ball I've come across;

I looked at a few recent failed incoming faxes that used t38. As an example, all showed the following characteristics.

The SDP info suggests MaxBitRate should be 9600 via t38, which is in-line with Vallimamod's comments earlier:

t38 a=T38FaxVersion:0 a=T38MaxBitRate:9600 a=T38FaxFillBitRemoval:0 a=T
38FaxTranscodingMMR:0 a=T38FaxTranscodingJBIG:0 a=T38FaxRateManagement:tr
ansferredTCF a=T38FaxMaxBuffer:200 a=T38FaxMaxDatagram:400 a=T38FaxUdpEC
:t38UDPRedundancy

However, the fax_transfer_rate variable shows 14400 as the speed.

I'm just not sure how that could be possible if t38 sets the max rate at 9600?