h264 video call between endpoints with one end at bad resolution of 352x288

antonio asilva at wirelessmundi.com
Tue Jun 26 10:05:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

Calling between two Grandstream GXV3275 i expected to have a video call
at 1280x720, but the video that is present at destination as the
resolution of 352x288 and the image as poor quality, originator is
sending video at 1280×720.  If i swap the devices the result is the
same, the destination always get a bad resolution of 352x288 but the
originator receives the video at expected resolution of 1280x720.

If i set rtp_direct between the two endpoints it work as expected.

I also tested a conference room and force the it resolution to 1280*x720
it work well,  if i don't force the canvas-size i see:

2018-06-26 13:55:02.077824 [WARNING] mod_conference.c:3157 Unspecified
video-canvas-size, falling back to 1280x720

And the conference is done at 1280x720.

I've open a jira where you can find a full log with this behavior:

https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-11140

I don't understand why there is transcoding and mod_av is used, the
codec negotiated is the same.. i understand that the resolution is at
352x288 for the first frames sent by the phone but then it send them at
1280x720,  mod_av should detected and adjust the new resolution, no?

Anyone experience this behavior?

--
Saludos / Regards / Cumprimentos
Anónio Silva