[Freeswitch-users] Conference audio issues when Verto user sends video to audio-only conference

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Sun Jun 24 00:49:51 UTC 2018

I’ve got an audio-only conference configured, and some Verto clients (iOS
to be specific) are also sending video to that conference.

I had hoped that the video would simply be discarded, but instead I get
this error, and audio doesn’t seem to be sent/received properly:

[WARNING] switch_core_media.c:13944 verto.rtc/3521 has no video codec

The only solution I’ve found is to configure the conference in question for
video as well, but that’s not ideal.

Wondering if this is a bug to report to Jira, or possibly there’s some
config thing I can do to fix it? Because of iOS limitations, I’m not seeing
how to have that client send audio only in my case.