[Freeswitch-users] Problem With TLS + Contact Header - Bug?

António Silva asilva at wirelessmundi.com
Mon Jan 15 09:16:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

In the initial invite the contact header the tls part is missing:

    Contact: <sip:4640 at 4.3.2.1:5060>

it should have sips and transport=tls otherwise it will default to
sip/udp, it's probably here the cause of your issue...

Since you have tls_only = true, FS shouldn't reply to the that contact
or place a error message "wrong contact... or something"...
did you try with last git? can you try? and if it fails open a jira so
the dev team can take a look.

On 01/12/2018 06:07 PM, Geoff Mina wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have a pretty odd issue that I have no idea how to resolve.  We have
> a Sofia profile that is TLS only.  It listens on 5061.  This is with
> an upstream vendor and we want them to be able to send inbound calls
> to extensions without register.
>
> Our FS instance is sending back "transport=udp" and port 5060 in the
> Contact header of the 200 OK.  Even though the invite is for TLS and
> the sip_profile is tls-only=true.  I have attached a SIP trace and a
> copy of our external.xml sofia profile.
>
> I am thinking this is a Freeswitch bug - or maybe just an oddly
> documented "feature".  Any help is really appreciated.
>
> In the sip-trace attached, you can see an INVITE followed by a Trying
> and then an OK.  The OK has Contact information for transport=udp and
> port 5060, which is invalid, so the ACK never gets back to us and we
> retransmit the 200 OK until it expires.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org