[Freeswitch-users] G.729 license only for some users

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:35:56 UTC 2018

There are also other options such as different codecs per profile (ip:port
combination), overriding the defaults within dialplan using
absolute_codec_string and modifiers such as late negotiation.

The license is roughly speaking for an active call, so 5 calls = 5
licenses. However it's technically licensing an encoder and decoder. Calls
using G729 on both legs might be able to run in passthrough mode and not
need a license because they're avoiding transcoding; they leave the
licensing to the user agents at either side. Using applications such as
eavesdrop on those calls would need a license. A call between a G729 leg
and non-G729 leg (eg G711) would use one license.

On 8 January 2018 at 19:11, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net