[Freeswitch-users] Play MP4 file into conference

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:42:15 UTC 2018

Richard,

is your conference in "mux" mode? Eg, you can change video layouts and have
more than one video streams mixed together (split screen with two
participants in it)?

You can play video only in mux mode... Check your conference.conf.xml and
your dialplan...

-giovanni

On 3 January 2018 at 11:00, Richard Screene <richard.screene at thisisdrum.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for your response Steven.  When I tried using master branch before I did not get video when using either conference...play or uuid_broadcast.
>
> I will re-try with the latest master and raise a Jira if I can't get it working.
>

> Regards,
>
>   Richard
>

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 0:13 AM, Steven Du <dujinfang at gmail.com <freeswitch-users%40lists.freeswitch.org?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BFreeswitch-users%5D%20Play%20MP4%20file%20into%20conference&In-Reply-To=%3CCAJs%2B-5osBHL-gb-YAJdsKaOun_OiOOudFaQ1Umqc2m39yqmhMA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>> wrote:
>

> > we use conference play for a while and don't have your problem, please
> try
>
> > master and if you think it's a bug fire a jira.

> >>* I am having problems attempting to play a MP4 video into a conference
> *>>* using mod_av.
> *>>>>* I have built the 1.6.19 branch from source after removing the -pedantic
> *>>* compile flag to allow mod_av to compile.
> *>>>>* My simple dial plan is:
> *>>* ```
> *>>*     <extension name="test">
> *>>*       <condition field="destination_number" expression="test">
> *>>*         <action application="conference" data="conf1"/>
> *>>*       </condition>
> *>>*     </extension>
> *>>* ```
> *>>>>* From fs_cli I then attempt to play the video using the command:
> *>>* "conference conf1 play /tmp/sample.mp4"
> *>>>>* No error messages are visible in the console and I can hear the audio, but
> *>>* I do not see the video stream.
> *>>>>* Strangely, when I do "uuid_broadcast <uuid> /tmp/sample.mp4" I get the
> *>>* audio and video (but obviously only to a single caller)
> *>>>>* If I try on the code from the master branch then I do not video from
> *>>* either conference..play or uuid_broadcast.
> *>>>>* Has anyone got any ideas why I cannot play video into a conference?
> *>>>>* Also, is there any equivalent of uuid_fileman for files played into a
> *>>* conference?  I would like pause and seek functionality to affect the video
> *>>* of all participants in the conference.
> *>>>>* Many thanks,
> *>>*   Richard
> *>>

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org