[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch session limit in freeswitch

Shaun Stokes shaun.stokes at itec-support.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 13:15:44 UTC 2018

Hi Vineet,

Have you checked you're not hitting your sessions to second limit?

max-sessions
- Limits the total number of concurrent channels on your FreeSWITCH system.

sessions-per-second
- Throttling mechanism, the switch will only create this many channels at most, per second.

Which version of FreeSWITCH are you using? There was a bug related to this fixed some time ago:
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-4670

What are the symptoms when you hit 500 sessions, is the call being rejected if so what does FreeSWITCH respond with (i.e. SIP 486, 582 etc) or does FreeSWITCH not respond?

What do you see in the FreeSWITCH logs when you hit 500 sessions?

If you've recently increased switch.conf.xml to 5000 sessions you would need to restart FreeSWITCH for your changes to take effect.

Thanks,
Shaun