[Freeswitch-users] Lua question (re: FollowMe Dialplan Example from the docs)

Ryan Harris ryharris at airmail.cc
Sun Feb 25 13:58:59 UTC 2018

On 02/22/2018 03:15 PM, Bob Smith wrote:
> My reading of the script is that it does not take care of the somewhat
> obvious problem of what happens if the cell phone goes to voicemail ?
>
> My understanding of the script as presented is that it would just sit
> there forever waiting for a reply ?

I haven't actually used that script, but it shouldn't sit there forever.
Take a look at what each of the arguments mean:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+API+Reference#LuaAPIReference-session:playAndGetDigits

In the example, session:playAndGetDigits will wait 2 seconds for an
entry and then increment the attempts if unsuccessful. On the third
unsuccessful attempt, digits will be "". Since digits won't be "1" or
"2" the script will session:hangup("NO_ANSWER").

If whatever picks up the call can't dial digits, the call should hangup
after 6 seconds.