[Freeswitch-users] Is it possible to "impersonate" a Freeswitch directory user ?

Bob Smith b631093f-779b-4d67-9ffe-5f6d5b1d3f8a at protonmail.ch
Sat Feb 24 18:35:04 UTC 2018

Hello,

Let's say I'm trying to setup a follow-me type scenario on inbound DDI.

This is all of course fairly easily done by means of a bridge.  But I have one problem.

Let's say I have a few important variables that sofia needs, and these are stored on a per-user basis in their directory entry, e.g. :

"/etc/freeswitch/directory/default/2022.xml" might have params such as :
<variable name="privacy" value="yes"/>
<variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="foobar"/>
<variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="00000"/>

Is it then possible to "impersonate the user" or in other words refer to those parameters when calling sofia from, say, "/etc/freeswitch/dialplan/public/25_MYDDI.xml".

i.e. when i call :
<action application="bridge" data="...blah...,sofia/default/MYCELLNUMBERGOESHERE"/>
sofia picks up / gets given privacy/effective_caller_id_number etc. preferences/settings

I don't really want to end up with duplicate variables all over the place, and storing them in the directory entry seems the most sensible ?