[Freeswitch-users] The time on FreeSWITCH is faster than server time

Shaun Stokes shaun.stokes at itec-support.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 09:41:55 UTC 2018

If you're using FreeSWITCH in a virtual environment we've had similar issues when using FreeSWITCH on a Hyper-V VM, the time on the VM seems to run at a slightly difference pace. When the VM syncs with the host FreeSWITCH doesn't pick this up.

We found using sync_clock fixed this which we run daily as a scheduled task which executes the command 'fsctl sync_clock_when_idle' via Event Socket API, also disabled the time sync between the VM and switched to NTP.

It would be useful if FreeSWITCH would execute this command every 24 hours out of the box, I can't think of any circumstances where this behaviour wouldn't be desired.

Shaun