[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch support for text messages/commands between Verto/webRTC to/from conferenced backend SIP/RTP systems

robert mundkowsky rfmundkowsky at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 18:29:38 UTC 2018

We are wondering if FreeSWITCH supports sending andreceiving text messages between Verto/webRTC to/from backend SIP/RTP systemsthat conferenced together?

1)     We want to use this to send commands from theweb browser to the backend systems, for example:

a.       “heybackend system, please turn on the ASR to start listening.”

2)     We also wonder if FreeSWITCH supports sendingcommands from the backend to the frontend (web browser), for example:

a.       “heyavatar, here are some visemes to tell you how you should move your lips, arms,… at the same time as playing this audio”

If both Verto/SIP or webRTC/RTP are supported for sending text, is eithermore ideal?

For instance, if the text/commandsare over RTC then maybe we can use one clock for all RTP streams and/or RTPsessions and use the RTP timestamps to synchronize the commands withaudio/video.  Or maybe Verto/SIP is better for commands.

I see there are various RFCs for text over RTP and text over webRTC, but not sure if FreeSWITCH supports any of these.

I also see FreeSWITCH mod_verto  support text messages,but not sure if FreeSWITCH sends these to/from SIP (e.g. maybe via SIMPLE SIP)or via text over RTP?

Robert