[Freeswitch-users] Long distance calling in the US

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 19:02:26 UTC 2018

Hello all,

We are setting up FreeSwitch to use FreeTDM through a Sangoma A102DE, which
is connected to a PRI.  We are located in Texas in the US, where we are
required to call the full 10 digits (area code and number) for "local"
numbers and then dial 1 followed by the full 10 digits for calls that are
long distance.

Currently, our dialplan is working as expected to make local calls:

 <!-- regex is NANPA +1NxxNxxXXXX E.164 Dialstring -->
  <extension name="tdm-outgoing">
    <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^9?(1{0,1}[2-9]\d\d[2-9]\d{6})$">
      <action application="log" data="WARNING outbound call through TDM to
$1"/>
      <action application="set"
data="effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}"/>
      <action application="set"
data="effective_caller_id_name=${outbound_caller_id_name}"/>
      <action application="set" data="call_direction=outbound"/>
      <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
      <action application="bridge" data="freetdm/1/a/$1"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

When we dial a number with a 1 in front of it, the 1 is still included in
the connect lines and all the output I can find from the logs or fs_cli.
For example:

2018-02-06 12:52:28.376794 [DEBUG] mod_freetdm.c:1343 Connect outbound
channel FreeTDM/1:1/17138370311

but we receive an automated message from our local PRI provider saying that
we need to dial 1 in front of the number to dial long distance.  I called
into their support and they claim that "everything is normal" and as a
related note, up until about 2 days ago, this PRI was working properly
calling long distance on our old Mitel system.

I'm a bit of a loss as to where to check next.  Any ideas on either what
might be pulling out the 1 when delivering it to the PRI or if there is
some secret extra code the PRI is expecting for long distance I'm not aware
of?

Thanks for the help!