[Freeswitch-users] rtp-timer-name / timer issues

Brian : brians at iptel.co
Tue Feb 6 08:48:22 UTC 2018

Hi Colin,

Depending on what you are doing with Freeswitch setting the rtp-timer
to none can produce all sorts of subtle weirdness. I would advise
against it. 2 things that I remember from our tests with this was lots
of blocked / hung calls that would build and need to be HUPed and also
carriers that would send SDP but no RTP when silence was being sent -
the call wouldn't progress through dialplan - it just got blocked
waiting on RTP>