[Freeswitch-users] rtp-timer-name / timer issues

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 02:38:56 UTC 2018

Appreciate the info. We're running on Kernel 4.4.0, with freeswitch 1.9.0
(compiled from git). Large differences on versions there but this seems so
fundamental and core to FS that I'd be surprised if later versions made
things worse. That said, I'm not sure when things like timerfd became
standard in freeswitch, and/or if that (or related concerns) could cause
the issue. We're also running in Docker, but we run it without any limits
(and can replicate the issue running outside of a conctainer).

Similar situation, TLS Websocket w/ DTLS-SRTP on one side and standard
TLS+SRTP on the other. All of our issues appear to occur on the WebRTC
legs, however, which would leads me to lean towards network issues being
the primary culprit. However, iperf shows 400Mbps easily (and consistently)
between the endpoints. Issue occurs whether we do G.711 on both ends, or
opus on the public internet side (although opus PLC can help mask some of
the issues)

Just to be clear, the audio is still intelligible, there's just noticeable
dropped packets every 5-10 seconds on average.

Do you know what timer your instance is using? And your settings for
rtp-timer-name?

Thanks again,
Colin