[Freeswitch-users] REFER does not hit the dialplan on attended transfer

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Wed Aug 29 10:42:51 UTC 2018

I try to find out a solution for the following:

  * A calls B (Dialplan A to B is executed with A as external number and
    B as local phone)
  * B is initiating an attended transfer to C (local phone), Dialplan B
    to C is executed
  * B is then executing the attended transfer to C, B sends a REFER to
    Freeswitch with C in the Refer header)
  * Freeswitch detects attended transfer, does not trigger a dialplan
    and redirects the call directly to user/C
  * Problem: C still sees B as caller_id in his phone display instead of
    A, dependent on the phone Type (Snom or Yealink)

So I am wondering, if I could get the REFER to trigger a dialplan, so I
can control the displyed numbers?

I searched a bit and found the variables "force_transfer_dialplan" an
"force_transfer_context". Looking into the code in switch_ivr.c, I can
see that the variables are preset with "XML", resp. "default".

Question: Can I use these variables to hit the dialplan on REFER. And if
yes, how can I do this?

--
With kind regards
Peter Steinbach