[Freeswitch-users] Session recording performance

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 20:09:05 UTC 2017

I thought so too, but I detected a high jitter in outbound RTP (over
10ms) , and this parameter has resolved it.

The installation is as follows:

The physical host is running under Debian Stretch, kernel version
4.9.0-3-amd64. The VoIP probe is isolated into an LXC container, and
the container is running Debian Jessie. The container is not limited
in any resources, and FreeSWITCH receives its real-time priority as it
should. I tested the priority explicitly by running other processes in
normal priority, and their load has no effect on FreeSWITCH
performance.

On the physical host:
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.24-11+deb9u1) 2.24

Inside the container:
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u10) 2.19

freeswitch at fsnic2> status
UP 0 years, 0 days, 5 hours, 25 minutes, 25 seconds, 101 milliseconds,
11 microseconds
FreeSWITCH (Version 1.6.19 -36-7a77e0b 64bit) is ready
12924 session(s) since startup
16 session(s) - peak 17, last 5min 17
1 session(s) per Sec out of max 30, peak 1, last 5min 1
1000 session(s) max
min idle cpu 0.00/89.70
Current Stack Size/Max 240K/8192K

So, the only difference from a standard baremetal installation, is a
newer kernel version. But all other libraries are from Jessie.

I will eventually make additional tests with baremetal servers without
LXC, but I don't think it's the source of the issue.