[Freeswitch-users] Implement PushKit or CallKit to call iOS app closed

Thorsten Göllner tg-maillistings at level5.de
Fri Sep 8 09:15:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

we currently try to implement it via a hook. When a new channel is
created, we call a lua script which checks, if a notification has to be
done and returns after finishing. After that Freeswitch can handle the
call as normal.

Take a look at lua.conf.xml :
<hook event="CHANNEL_CREATE" script="send_ios_push_notification.lua"/>

This lua script queries a database to determine, if a push notification
has to be sent and does so if necessary. This database is previously
filled with data (such as the needed devicetoken) when a ios device
registeres to our FS.

Currently we are in developing process and I am not sure, if it is a
stable solution.

Best regards,
Thorsten