[Freeswitch-users] Implement PushKit or CallKit to call iOS app closed

Jose Fco. Irles DurĂ¡ josefu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:02:28 UTC 2017

We have implemented a push system to iOS/Android devices with
FreeSWITCH following the next steps:

1. Incomming call to user bob in FreeSWITCH
2. FreeSWITCH park the call
3. Our manager software (xml_curl) sends a push to bob's iOS device
4. Notification arrives to iOS device and the softphone call to a uri
sended in the push notification (this uri is the server that
previously has parked the call)
5. FreeSWITCH bridge the two legs (before this, manage the "ringing" event)

The FreeSWITCH part is developed in a simple script in lua.

Best regards

> Hi,
>
> I can't find any information over how to implement PushKit or Callkit to
> call an iOS mobile phone that has the SIP client application closed or in
> the background.
>
> When the application is closed it is obviously that SIP account isn't
> registered and the FS server no send the call.
>
> Has anyone worked with this or know how to implement it?
>
> I tried with "<variable name="sip-force-contact"
> value="NDLB-connectile-dysfunction"/>" option and this temporally solved
> when the application is alive in background.
>
> Thanks,

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Jose Fco. Irles DurĂ¡