[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference video_no_video_avatar_png flag with video-mode passthrough

Richard Screene richard.screene at thisisdrum.com
Thu Oct 26 15:19:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

In mod_conference, is it possible to use the video_no_video_avatar_png flag with video-mode passthrough?  I can’t get it working but that could indicate that either (a) its not possible or (b) I’ve done something wrong.

What I’m trying to achieve is: in a conference with both audio/video and audio only members the video stream follows the active speaker.  However, if one of the audio only participants is speaking then a placeholder image is transmitted to the audio/video members instead.  Obviously, I’d prefer to reduce the amount of transcoding/canvas manipulation on the server hence the use of the passthrough video-mode.

If there any better ways of achieving this then please let me know!

Many thanks for reading this,
 Richard