[Freeswitch-users] Help with Freeswitch Installation

Alexander Perkins alexanderhenryperkins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 13:54:13 UTC 2017

Hi All.  I am attempting to install FS and I am running into issues.  I am
attempting to install FS following the instructions on this page-
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/CentOS+7+and+RHEL+7.
When I attempt to run the second line, yum install -y
freeswitch-config-vanilla freeswitch-lang-* freeswitch-sounds-*, I am
receiving the following error- http://drops.tiltx.org/BUUzG0.

When I look at the freeswitch.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d, I see the
baseURL pointing to
http://files.freeswitch.org/yum-1.6/$releasever/$basearch.  However, when I
visit http://files.freeswitch.org/yum-1.6/latest, I get a 'Not Found'
error- http://drops.tiltx.org/aqwKWN.

I have attempted to update the baseURL to
http://files.freeswitch.org/yum-1.6/7/x86_64/ as well as
http://files.freeswitch.org/yum-1.6/7server/x86_64/, but then receive a
'libpcre.so.1 not found' error.

I know something is not right, but I do not know what that is.  Can someone
point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Alex