[Freeswitch-users] mod_skypopen no longer functional?

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 18:07:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

has been announced in this list, and then retold many many times again in
this list:

Microsoft do not enable anymore the clients/API mod_skypopen is based upon.

And do not offer any other way to interface with Skype.

So, you're out of luck, and unfortunately, no money can do it (as far as I
know).

-giovanni

On 24 November 2017 at 16:42, Markus <universe at truemetal.org> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm new here. And I'm looking for help (surprise!). In 2015 the only
> available SIP-to-Skype gateway that was left was mod_skypopen for
> FreeSWITCH. I had it running just fine until 12th/13th November 2017, based
> on the instructions provided at https://freeswitch.org/conflue
> nce/display/FREESWITCH/mod_skypopen, under 1.4.15+git~20141229T185951Z~507a0f22c5~64bit,
> then it simply stopped working all of a sudden.
>
> Stopped working meaning: It seems the Skype clients are "flapping",
> sometimes one (out of 3) is running, sometimes more, but something is wrong
> with them. FreeSWITCH console says the following when a call comes in:
>
> "2017-11-24 16:39:27.219382 [INFO] mod_dialplan_xml.c:635 Processing
> 49myCLI <49myCLI>->my_skype_user in context my_context
> 2017-11-24 16:39:27.219382 [ERR] switch_core_session.c:510 Could not
> locate channel type skypopen"
>
> I'm somehow guessing Skype has changed something on their end? But that is
> just a wild guess. I am totally clueless on how to debug this thing. I
> would like to get a look at the Skype client(s) that is/are running on the
> machine, but I simply do not know how.
>
> Any help? This is being used in a commercial project, so I'm ready to pay
> for your time. Please contact me offlist if you are providing paid help.
>
> I tried to contact the author G. M. directly, but there was no answer.
>
> Help! :)
>
> Thank you!
> Markus

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org