[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch PRI support

Luiz Fernando Softov fernando at softov.com.br
Sun May 21 00:02:24 UTC 2017

Hello, here I use GsmOpen with some modifications.

This work very well in my clients, some of then using with 4, 16, 27, 32
even 64 modens.

There are different user cases.

Some of then are using in ISPs making a Point to Point in rural areas in
Brazil.

There are others clients, using in CallCenter, to call clients.

Here there is 4 main operators, VIVO, OI, CLARO, TIM, and client can make
portability.

So, the system has a database of all portability. And recognizes when a
number is from VIVO, but got portability to CLARO, etc.
The system calls using one of CLARO chips, according with the rules of the
routes.

There is another user case, when a company want to give the clients more
numbers to receive calls, so client doesn't make expensive calls.

And, there is a lot of user cases more. This is just the main.

The main problem is to manage dongles, because sometimes, with a bad power
supply, the modem get down and on (RESET).
So the TTY port can change.

I tried to use GSMOpen to recognize the tty by IMSI, without success.

So I made my own daemon, that load all modems and tty, and using gsmopen
reload + XML Curl, I can made changes in FreeSwitch on the fly.

Here is expensive the cost of GSM Gateways.
Some of then are R$ 4000 with 8 ports.
Or R$ 16000 with 32 ports.

Using GSMOpen, I can make a system with 32 modems with only R$ 500.

I have at least 50 companies using this solution.
And ~ 200 companies using my system.

Search in the list for my name, there is a lot of e-mails talking about it.

If you wan't I can give you my patch, there is a lot of corrections.
The main of then are about Thread getting deadlock.