[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_curl performance questions

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:27:49 UTC 2017

On 16 May 2017 at 21:03, Michael Avers <michael at mailworks.org> wrote:

> I'm planning on moving all our local lua-generated XML to use mod_xml_curl
> over HTTPS. However, the primary http server is not in the same data center
> as our FS instances. Ping time is about 50ms. Is this going to be an issue?
> Is it typical to run xml_curl hosted elsewhere? The web app itself is
> written in Go and is very fast. Just wondering about network latency aspect
> of it all.

usually you run the webserver in same datacenter.

That said, maybe in your case this is not a problem, and your application
can bear the round trips. Take into account this do not affect call quality
or call latency, it only affect how fast FreeSWITCH can get data (eg, how
fast it takes to get auth info for a caller, how fast get the dialplan
snippet to be executed, etc.)
Once the call is established, rtp packets runs independently from database.

> Thanks
> -Mike

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Sincerely,