[Freeswitch-users] Question about enabling SCTP on freeswitch on ubuntu 16.04 from apt repository.

Ravi sanyal virtualguard2015 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 22:56:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

I know this will be specific to my installation, so I'm running ubuntu
16.04 and downloaded freeswitch from the apt repository. Oh yeah, i also
just did a clean install of freeswitch. I've only been using it for a few
weeks.

If i run the sofia dig command on the domain it only shows udp and tcp.
doing 'sofia status profile internal/external' does not have the line for
sctp either.

First thing, will i have to uninstall the repository and build it? i know
that guides say to run the build with --enable-sctp i tried looking for
sctp module (i know its a bad name, it's not a module) using apt however
not familiar with what the name would be called. freeswitch-* is a mammoth
list

doing apt-cache search freeswitch | grep sctp doesn't find anything.

Once i've set up freeswitch to handle it, i'll still need to do naptr and
srv records on the domain. im running with rackspace. Has anyone used
rackspace before? they say that naptr and srv can be added using their
system (however there is no naptr record adding)

Nathan

--

*Virtual Guard Ltd*
*info at virtualguard.co.nz <info at virtualguard.co.nz>*