[Freeswitch-users] Fax result when using mail to fax

Bipin Patel bipin at xbipin.com
Mon May 15 20:06:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a python script that checks a mailbox for faxes to be sent, when it
finds a new mail it downloads the PDF and converts to Tiff and sends via
the originate command, now the problem is I can't seem to find a way to get
the fax report, nor in cdr it says what happened and the originate just
says ok followed by uuid of the bridge. I'm sending the fax over a fxo
gateway device. Due to it going over fxo, I have no clue if the remote fax
machine answered call and the only place the fax report comes is in the
console. Is there a variable or anything else that can be resent to the
python script telling what the result was. I tried the execute on fax
successful and fail variable but they don't seem to work.

My python script generates the originate command going to loopback which
goes to dial plan where the actual bridge to fxo gateway happens.

How are others dealing with fax report I would love to hear.

Regards,
Bipin