[Freeswitch-users] Audio Bridge to Asterisk from Freeswitch video conference

Zach Rothy zrothy at monmouth.com
Wed May 10 13:56:13 UTC 2017

> You should probably give it a shot on newest release which is 1.6.17.

I'll check out the newer version of freeswitch to see if it solves the
issue.

> Why would you want to bridge another conference in, instead of just
> running the single conference? Doing so will allow you full access to
> all the controls for individual members. You could still do this back
> to back with freeswitch and asterisk by changing asterisk dial plan to
> bridge to the conference room on freeswitch for each member.

I have it set up so Freeswitch sends it to Asterisk instead of the other
way around, as the Asterisk audio bridges are a completely separate
feature. Bridging Freeswitch to Asterisk gives them the option of
dialing into a video conference for the audio portion without having to
change infrastructure a decent amount so that selectively some numbers
go to Freeswitch and others Asterisk. I don't think it would be approved
anyway to do that, partially due to infrastructure /routing changes for
multiple servers, as well as the way video conference is billed versus
the Asterisk conference rooms.