[Freeswitch-users] Script language choice

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:31:36 UTC 2017

Ciao Oivvio,

exactly as you said, Lua is the most popular choice, and so has the most
distributed knowledge, discussions in mailing list, in IRC, in
documentation, etc

sent from mobile
cell: +39 347 266 56 18
Giovanni Maruzzelli
OpenTelecom.IT

Il 05 mag 2017 11:40 AM, "Oivvio Polite" <mylists at polite.se> ha scritto:

There's a page about script language choice on the wiki. There's a
caveat at to top warning that the information is stale.

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Script+Language+Choice

Anyway, it states that Lua is the preferred scripting language due efficacy.

In a scenario where I'm not expecting very high loads are there other
reasons for going with Lua anyway? I'm thinking that it's probably more
battle tested if it's the most common choice among FS-developers.

regards Oivvio

consulting at freeswitch.org
http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites