[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and IoT

Marcel Haldemann marcel.haldemann at convercom.ch
Mon May 1 18:09:16 MSD 2017

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for ur reply. Here is what im currently thinking of to use FreeSwitch for (currently it’s just an idea):

I would like to use FreeSwitch for IoT (for example to run or check something against a dialplan if sensor or ‘alarm event’ values arrive via http/mqtt/amqp or similar protocols).  For this purpose I would like to create a channel without a sip call (I would write wrappers for all the necessary protocols, get the info on all protocols and set the variables in the same way no matter what protocol they come from).

The variables I would set would be things such as location and name of the sensor and the value (Values coming from mqtt, amqp or http).

Then I would like to run it against a dialplan with all the possibilities as it would be a call (for sure I would have to check some variables). (I would use mod_xml_curl to get the dialplan in redis)

If necessary i would like to add an a-leg with bridge and maybe play some files an maybe get some dtmfs with lua (ivr).

If necessary I would like to add a b-leg with bridge.
I now asked me whether it’s possible to create a channel out of nothing, set some variables and let it run against the dialplan context.

Is this possible in some way ?
It must not be with event_socket I also could use some other mod.
But maybe it’s necessary to write a mod_endpoint_mqtt or similar for this ?

Regards,
Marcel