[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH not answering some REGISTERs

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Tue Mar 21 16:20:55 MSK 2017

It sounds like database blocking to me.  You’d need to confirm by getting a core file while its blocking or by adding some more debug.

> [...]
>
> David Ponzone  Direction Technique
> email: david.ponzone at ipeva.fr <mailto:david.ponzone at ipeva.fr>
> tel:      01 74 03 18 97
> gsm:   06 66 98 76 34
>
> Service Client IPeva
> tel:      0811 46 26 26
> www.ipeva.fr <blocked::http://www.ipeva.fr/>  -   www.ipeva-studio.com <blocked::http://www.ipeva-studio.com/>
>
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est susceptible d'altération. IPeva décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le détruire immédiatement et d'avertir l'expéditeur.
>

>> Le 19 mars 2017 à 14:35, Vallimamod Abdullah <vma at vallimamod.org <mailto:vma at vallimamod.org>> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> nta.c:3012 agent_recv_request() nta: OPTIONS (102) going to existing OPTIONS transaction
>>> nta.c:3012 agent_recv_request() nta: REGISTER (116849) going to existing REGISTER transaction
>>
>> These means that sofia is considering these requests as retransmissions (transaction found in sofia's internal htable). In this case, you should also see a retransmission log like "nta: re-received %s request, retransmitting %u reply".
>>
>> The nua_application_event is calling a mod_sofia callback for incoming register request. So it looks like mod_sofia does not answer for some reason.
>> Can you check if you get the following esl custom events: "sofia::register_attempt", "sofia::pre_register" and "sofia::register" for the failed register? It will help to tell at which point the processing stops.
>>
>> Also, is your core-db in-memory? If not, you may try to move it in ram.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Vallimamod
>> .
>>
>> --
>> Vallimamod Abdullah
>> SIP Solutions
>> vma at sipsolutions.fr <mailto:vma at sipsolutions.fr>
>> tel:+33662606897
>> .
>>
>>> On 18 Mar 2017, at 20:04, David Ponzone <david.ponzone at ipeva.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> with sofia loglevel all 9, I can see that sometimes (frequency hard to guess), during 4-5 secondes, FS writes those messages in the log for each REGISTER or OPTIONS request:
>>>
>>> nta.c:3012 agent_recv_request() nta: OPTIONS (102) going to existing OPTIONS transaction
>>> nta.c:3012 agent_recv_request() nta: REGISTER (116849) going to existing REGISTER transaction
>>>
>>> It’s like it considers it’s already dealing with a such request (which it never replied to).
>>>
>>> A typical regular flow of logs for a REGISTER which was responded to is:
>>>
>>> nta.c:3085 agent_recv_request() nta: REGISTER (108692) going to a default leg
>>> nua_server.c:102 nua_stack_process_request() nua: nua_stack_process_request: entering
>>> nua_stack.c:899 nh_create() nua: nh_create: entering
>>> nua_common.c:108 nh_create_handle() nua: nh_create_handle: entering
>>> nua_params.c:480 nua_stack_set_params() nua: nua_stack_set_params: entering
>>> soa.c:280 soa_clone() soa_clone(static::0x7fda40001930, 0x7fda40001130, 0x7fda40039330) called
>>> soa.c:403 soa_set_params() soa_set_params(static::0x7fda40207f40, ...) called
>>> nua_stack.c:271 nua_stack_event() nua(0x7fda40039330): event i_register 100 Trying
>>> nua_stack.c:359 nua_application_event() nua: nua_application_event: entering
>>> nua.c:366 nua_handle_magic() nua: nua_handle_magic: entering
>>> nua.c:879 nua_respond() nua: nua_respond: entering
>>> nua_stack.c:529 nua_signal() nua(0x7fda40039330): sent signal r_respond
>>> nua.c:921 nua_handle_destroy() nua: nua_handle_destroy: entering
>>> nua_stack.c:529 nua_signal() nua(0x7fda40039330): sent signal r_destroy
>>> nua.c:366 nua_handle_magic() nua: nua_handle_magic: entering
>>> nua.c:921 nua_handle_destroy() nua: nua_handle_destroy: entering
>>> nua_stack.c:573 nua_stack_signal() nua(0x7fda40039330): recv signal r_respond 200 OK
>>>
>>> When it fails to respond, it is:
>>>
>>> nta.c:3085 agent_recv_request() nta: REGISTER (108693) going to a default leg
>>> nua_server.c:102 nua_stack_process_request() nua: nua_stack_process_request: entering
>>> nua_stack.c:899 nh_create() nua: nh_create: entering
>>> nua_common.c:108 nh_create_handle() nua: nh_create_handle: entering
>>> nua_params.c:480 nua_stack_set_params() nua: nua_stack_set_params: entering
>>> soa.c:280 soa_clone() soa_clone(static::0x7fda40001930, 0x7fda40001130, 0x7fda402dc590) called
>>> soa.c:403 soa_set_params() soa_set_params(static::0x7fda4014f880, ...) called
>>> nua_stack.c:271 nua_stack_event() nua(0x7fda402dc590): event i_register 100 Trying