[Freeswitch-users] 100% CPU usage

Antonio Silva asilva at wirelessmundi.com
Fri Mar 10 15:11:44 MSK 2017

Hi,

You can use the following commands:

#get a core:
gcore -o /home/gcore-$(date +%s) $(cat /var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid)

#check thread usage:
top -p $(cat /var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid) -H -b -n 1

#memory mapping:
cat /proc/$(cat /var/run/freeswitch/freeswitch.pid)/maps

you can get some info from fs:

fs_cli -x "sofia global siptrace on"
fs_cli -x "fsctl debug_level 10"
fs_cli -x "sofia loglevel all 9"
fs_cli -x "fsctl debug_sql "
fs_cli -x "sofia global debug presence"

Put everything into a jira so we can take a look.

Regards,
António

On 03/10/2017 11:08 AM, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We’re currently experiencing a weird issue with one of our freeswitch
> servers where the CPU just goes berserk and stays at 100%.
>
> There are no active calls at that moment, but FS is still using 100% CPU.
>
> I was unable to get a debug using gdb, since freeswitch does not crash.
>
> We had this issue on 1.6.13 and then I upgraded to 1.6.15 this
> morning, but the problem still persists.
>
> There is currently only one active application running on this box
> which is using LUA. Maybe that is causing the issue?
>
> We checked the code but there are no weird loops etc. Perhaps we are
> missing something?
>
> Any ideas how to trace this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Grant