[Freeswitch-users] Recording Stopped out of the Blue

Christoph Russow russow at emtex.de
Thu Mar 2 14:09:53 MSK 2017

Hi all,

i just discovered (at least) two calls where the recording stopped some
seconds after it was started without a notice why it stopped. I only see:

2017-02-21 14:28:29.585573 [DEBUG] switch_core_media_bug.c:808 Removing
BUG from sofia/default/<number>@<carrieraddress>

in the log.

The recording was started arround 7 seconds before the above line
appeared in the log and an corresponding event was sent to the eventsocket.

What are the reasons for freeswitch to stop a running recording?

Things i've checked already:
- HDD has enough free space for recordings.
- permissions are ok (other calls record just fine on same dir)
- no command was sent to stop recording (according to the log)
- no dtmf tones in the pcap of the calls
- no error message in the log for the calls or arround the record end line

We do the recordings for our Customes so it is very crucial that they
work correct.
I apreciate every hint about this.

Best Regards
Christoph Russow

EMTEX GmbH
Christoph Russow
Software Engineer

Bischof-Otto-Weg 9
D-91086 Aurachtal
                          Geschäftsführer:       Markus Enzinger
Tel. +49 9132 7490 0      Sitz der Gesellschaft: 91086 Aurachtal
Fax. +49 9132 7490 900    Amtsgericht Fürth:     HRB6804