[Freeswitch-users] "Cannot Blind Transfer 1 Legged calls" message

Chris Young Chris.Young at enghouse.com
Mon Jun 19 09:05:12 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm hoping that some of you clever folk may be able to help me out with a REFER problem I'm facing.

If I originate a call from FreeSWITCH to an IVR, and the IVR attempts to transfer the call to another destination using REFER, FreeSWITCH fails with a 403 Forbidden error and reports 'Cannot Blind Transfer 1 Legged calls' in the log. FreeSWITCH is quite correct that there is only one leg of course but should it not be possible for an INVITE to be sent to the address in the Refer-To header anyway? This scenario seems more or less the same as the first 'basic transfer' example in RFC5589 so I think it should be possible unless I am missing something obvious.

Are there any special configuration options needed to make this work? I tried setting proxy-refer but it didn't make any difference.

Kind regards,
Chris

Chris Young
Senior Software Engineer
[cid:image7482a0.PNG at dc00f514.4fb88205]
t:  +44 118 943 9249
e:  chris.young at enghouse.com<mailto:chris.young at enghouse.com>
w: www.enghouseinteractive.co.uk<http://www.enghouseinteractive.co.uk>
[cid:image6c1ba6.PNG at b8963a35.449174f5]
Enghouse Interactive (UK) Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 04230977. Registered office: Imperium, Imperial Way, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0TD