[Freeswitch-users] Question about DNS handling on FS

Jospeh Waite joelists at tm.net.uk
Mon Jul 31 14:15:40 UTC 2017

Hi Guys

Got a question, I’m wondering if anyone can answer.

I am wondering how FS handles DNS resolution.

I assume that if I set the TTL on the DNS entry to say 30 seconds that FS will accept that value and do a DNS lookup every 30 seconds? Is that correct.

My second question is one a cll is in motion to a DNS defined endpoint, i.e. call bridged to a SIP endpoint by domain name, would it keep the IP for the call or the domain name? So would it re-DNS query when it comes to sending the BYE message at end of call if it was over 30 seconds, assuming the above 30sec TTL or would it keep the name/IP mapping for the whole call?

Regards