[Freeswitch-users] SIM7100 LTE modem with USB audio

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 16:08:22 UTC 2017

Hi Stanislav, I like the idea!

i'd prefer to have a separate module (not some perl daemon)  tho.

you can instruct udev to run an external program to name devices ( a simple
rpc to stdout would to great ) . This way you can specify dongles
(vendorID, productID, interfaceNumber, dongleSerial...) in your module
config and let your module name the ttys accordingly.

The module should have AT command mappings for preInit, Init, postInit,
dongle_events ( incoming call, ring,...), basic commands ( answer,
hangup...) exposed all in config...

This is where it gets ugly (and a bit less secure), but to keep the module
code sane, its better to expose AT mappings in config.

Once the "signaling" is done, the module should notify mod_portaudio ( a
fork of ) what audio tty it should sit on for the given call

well in theory :=)
i see a lot of work ahead..