[Freeswitch-users] Is there Sampling rate conversion CPU penalty?

Tayeb Meftah tayeb.meftah at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 19:53:06 UTC 2017

Hey,
The best practice is to transcode your wave files to the diferent rates your clients use
If your clients are only on pstn side, 8khz should be enough
If your clients is on sip side, better to generate 8, 16,32, and 48khz (mono) files
Converting rate is a cpu intencive task and its part of transcoding, so its not recomanded...
Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPad