[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch 1.6.19: make current fails after updating

chris chris at gcjd.org
Tue Jul 25 10:48:45 UTC 2017

<https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+macFI+Installation>
> to install 1.6.19, it will rename the old directories. You can do
> this manually but macFI is way faster.

I tried this using macFI but the installation fails with a different
problem. From the log folder I see that the configure step failed, so
nothing is build afterwards.

checking for inflateReset in -lz... no
configure: error: no usable zlib; please install zlib devel package or
equivalent
Elf:freeswitch chris$

<http://www.gcjd.org/temp0717/FreeSWITCHconfigure.txt>

This should not happen? As far as I know zlib is available in OSX
standard configuration.

Greetings, Chris