[Freeswitch-users] g729 licenses

krice at tollfreegateway.com krice at tollfreegateway.com
Mon Jul 24 14:48:56 UTC 2017

The Patents have expired... the Copyrights of the author have not...

FreeSWITCH is for the most part OpenSource and Free... however, the developers still have to pay for housing, food, etc... The Core team still has expenses like hosting, dev hardware, power etc that need to be paid for...

G729 is one of the small ways to support the project....